I usually don’t use boxed mixes I find them a bit bland and boring. But I also find they are the perfect base when you want to play around with flavours. By simply substituting the oil for strawberry puree you have a new creation- strawberry cupcakes.
For more information on the Cook for the Cure fundraiser and how to donate click here.
1 Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
½ cup strawberry puree
1 cup of milk
Red food colouring
1 Duncan Hines Whipped French Vanilla Icing
2 tbsp strawberry puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the cake mix with the eggs, milk and strawberry puree.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds, then on high for 2 minutes.
- Drop some red food colouring into the batter to give it a more pink colour. Mix until the colour is fully incorporated.
- Place the baking cups in the cupcake pan and spray with cooking oil.
- Fill the cups ¾ of the way up and place in the over for 16 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking stir the strawberry puree into the icing and set aside.
- Once the cupcakes are finished baking, set them aside until cooled.
- Use a size 18 open star tip to create a swirl on top of the cupcake.