I’m cooking for the cure again this week, and this time with 3 secret ingredients. My sister and brother-in-law went to the store with one instruction: get 3 pink ingredients. They came home with salmon, red cabbage (which I gave them hell for), and cherry Jello. The rules are I must use every ingredient and make the dish from deliberation to plating in an hour. For information about the KitchenAid Cook For the Cure fundraiser, click here. The deadline is this Saturday, so please donate!
Steamed Salmon with Warm Cherry Slaw
4 Atlantic Salmon fillets
½ tsp chilli powder
½ Small Red Cabbage
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Cherry Jello powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set up your steamer. If you don’t have one, simmer some water and place a stainless steel bowl over the pot. Cut the cabbage into thin slices and set aside.
2. Mix the mayonnaise and cherry Jello and set aside.
3. Make sure the salmon doesn’t have any pin bones, if you see some gently pull them from the salmon.
4. Season the salmon with the salt, pepper and chili powder. Place the salmon into the bowl and cover. Steam for about 10 minutes.
5. In a pan over medium heat warm the cabbage in some olive oil.
6. Place in a bowl and mix in the cherry mayonnaise.
7. Serve and enjoy!