Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Whether you’re celebrating alone, with someone you love, or even someone you don’t love, cupcakes are always a great addition to the day. These ones are fast, and you don’t need all the machinery, just a bowl, a whisk, and a microwave. (And of course an oven). With a hug in the centre and a kiss on top, enjoy the chocolatey goodness!
Hugs & Kisses Chocolate Cupcakes
3 oz milk chocolate (you can use semi-sweet or dark)
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup milk, 2%
¼ tsp salt
½ cup all purpose flour
6 Hershey’s Hugs
Icing sugar, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small bowl melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave (or with a double boiler if you have one).
- Whisk the granulated sugar and vanilla extract in the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Whisk in egg and milk.
- Add flour and salt and whisk until well combined.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into the greased muffin cups so that the bottom is fully covered.
- Place one Hershey’s Hugs chocolate in the centre of each muffin cup.
- Divide the rest of the batter among the cups, covering the hugs chocolate.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While they are cooling make the heart stencil. I used a plastic folder, and cut the lips shape free hand.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, centre the heart stencil on one of the cupcakes and sift icing sugar on top. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
Makes approximately 6 cupcakes.
I’m starting my cupcake decorating class tonight and will be posting pictures on the Facebook page. Make sure to check it out for more cupcake goodness!